Fun with Divine Twine and Washi Tape

February 23rd, 2010 § 16

A couple of weeks ago my sister-in-law helped me clean out my kitchen cabinets. I saved an old spice tin because I loved the size.

spice-tin-makeover-suppliesI gathered my supplies: tin, Japanese washi tape (have I mentioned I love this stuff?), some Divine Twine (I love this stuff too) and a portion of a full sheet label.

spice-tin-makeover-covering

spice-tin-makeover-finishedTa da! A snappy pencil holder. A little bit of Spring freshness on these gray days.

Tagged: , , , , ,

§ 16 Responses to “Fun with Divine Twine and Washi Tape”

1. I love it! And wow, you have a lot of tape!! I wish my collection was that large :)

2. Whitney says:

Oh Jamie, this is just some of my collection (yikes!!). I’m too embarrassed to show it all. I think I have a addiction problem with it!

3. I love how this turned out! Great simple tutorial, too.
    Anna

4. summer b says:

ok. i need to do this now. omgoodness. i need that exact tape you used. the designs are great!

5. MNiss B. says:

You are so creative Miss Whitney,I love all your DT DIY:)

6. Melanie says:

Who knew I could like a pencil can so much?

Thanks for your hysterical story earlier this week.

7. Becky B says:

I just realized you were repurposing an anise seed tin… are you an avid pizzelle maker? =)

8. Whitney says:

Becky~
    I’m not a pizzelle maker. I actually don’t know what a pizzelle! I’m not even sure how I got the anise seeds in my cupboard in the first place. The really scary thing is, the sell-by date on the bottom of the container is June of 1982!! Tells you how much I bake/cook.

9. Becky B says:

Pizzelles are the waffle cookies that my slovak grandmother always makes. They are usually flavored with vanilla and anise extract but in the old days anise seeds were used. =) I’m not sure what else anise seeds could be put in so that is really odd you had mystery seeds in your cupboard. But I don’t really bake either so I’m likely to find random things like that too! lol

10. Whitney says:

Ooohh, pizzelles sound yummy!

11. Becky B says:

Very! They are a great cookie for eating with coffee or tea. This Xmas when I make another 14 dozen, I’ll have to send you some. =)

12. Whitney says:

Sa-weeeet! Thanks. :)

13. Would love to have you link up this in our Trendy Crafter Contest.

Hope to see you there and if you know anyone else who might be interested in entering their Washi Tape Tutorials this week, please pass the word.

We will be giving away some things to the Trendy Crafter winner after the 4 week contest. Thanks

Come by to join in the fun! Round 2 is Fabric Flowers, Round 3 is Bottle Caps and Round 4 is Denim. ~Tara @ Trendy Treehouse

§ Leave a Reply