I feel like Steve Martin the The Jerk when the new phone book arrives.
I’m am beyond thrilled to announce that the new Whisker Graphics website is live!! It went live last night and I went to sleep with the biggest smile plastered across my face. It’s been almost 2 years since I first opened my shop on Etsy; two years of hard work and trying to figure stuff out. There were many moments of feeling like an old dog with a myriad of new tricks to learn. Though I have a (vintage) degree in Graphic Design, when I started Whisker Graphics, I had to teach myself some Illustrator, some Photoshop, and some web stuff (90% of which I’m still clueless about). I started with printed stationery then added editable DIY Printables and eventually Divine Twine. And now, it’s so nice for all my products to have a well-organized, easy-to-navigate home of their own. I worked with an amazing team that I would highly recommend at Aeolidia to make the website a reality. Shoshanna and Arianne were beyond patience and helpful every single step of the way.
Here are just some of the things I LOVE about my new site:
- Customers can immediately download their Printables after checkout (no more waiting for me to email the file)
- The Printables are easily purchased in different color choices
- It has a Mailing List sign up (and Aeolidia designed a pretty coordinating newsletter template for me too)
- My wholesale customers can place their orders on the site too (easier for them, easier for me, yeah!)
- There’s a whole page devoted to Questions and Answers about how the Printables work
- Customers can sign up to be notified of when the new colors of Divine Twine are in stock by clicking the “Request re-stock notice” on the item page (and the system automatically emails them when I stock the store!)
- The time saved by not having to relist items that sell and emailing order and shipping notifications
- The ability to have multiple quantities available within a single item listing
A HUGE THANK YOU to my family, every friend (both web and in-person) and customer who encouraged and supported me along the way!
I’m going to ride this good-feeling wave of accomplishment until the next new trick I need to learn presents itself. That’s likely to be tomorrow!